The latest news from the universe of Doctor Who:
The BBC have released two clips from the next episode of the current series of Doctor Who, Time Heist, you can watch the first above and the second below:
The BBC Media Centre has released the official synopsis for the seventh episode of the current series of Doctor Who, read on for further details:
Kill the Moon - by Peter Harness
In the near future, the Doctor and Clara find themselves on a space shuttle making a suicide mission to the Moon. Crash-landing on the lunar surface, they find a mining base full of corpses, vicious spider-like creatures poised to attack, and a terrible dilemma. When Clara turns to the Doctor for help, she gets the shock of her life.
Doctor Who: Kill the Moon will broadcast Saturday 4th October on BBC One and BBC One HD, a time is to be confirmed.
The cover and details of this month's edition of Doctor Who magazine:
Comedia Frank Skinner chats exclusivly about his Doctor Who role in DWM issue 478!
Frank Skinner - Mummy on the Orient Express guest star, and life-long Doctor Who fan – speaks about his role in the new series, playing Perkins.
"I don’t know how I’ll feel when they say, ‘And that’s a wrap for Mr Skinner,’" Franks admits. "I’m sure I’ll go through a mix of emotions. When footballers are in cup finals, the managers always say, ‘Savour every moment,’ and that’s what I’m doing. Every moment is ‘wowee’!"
Also in this issue:
- Extensive previews of Episodes 5 to 8 of the new series - Time Heist, The Caretaker, Kill the Moon and Mummy on the Orient Express. DWM talks exclusively to writers Steven Moffat, Stephen Thompson, Gareth Roberts, Peter Harness and Jamie Mathieson.
- Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat answers readers’ questions in his exclusive column.
- DWM talks to Billy Hanshaw, the man who inspired the brand new title sequence for this year’s series of Doctor Who.
- DWM investigates the nature of ‘spoilers’ and asks if they really spoil anything?
- Into the Dalek writer Phil Ford talks about getting to know a Dalek from the inside out!
- In-depth reviews the twelfth Doctor’s first four adventures: Deep Breath, Into the Dalek, Robot of Sherwood and Listen.
- As audio company Big Finish celebrates its 15th anniversary with an epic audio adventure, The Worlds of Doctor Who, DWM talks to its stars including Colin Baker, Louise Jameson, Lalla Ward, Christopher Benjamin, Trevor Baxter and Jamie Glover.
- The Doctor and Clara’s comic strip adventures continue in The Eye of Torment written by Scott Gray, illustrated by Martin Geraghty.
- The Time Team comment on the 2008 Tenth Doctor adventure Turn Left.
- Jacqueline Rayner finds unexpected inspiration for her Relative Dimensions column at the breakfast table...
- A look back at August’s Doctor Who world tour which saw Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman travel round the globe to promote the new series.
- The Watcher eloquently explains why Doctor Who belongs in the Autumn in Wotcha!
- The DWM crossword, prize-winning competitions and much more!
Issue 478 of Doctor Who magazine is on sale from today at all good newsagents until 15th October priced £4.99 per copy.