Issue 485 of Doctor Who magazine celebrates 10 years since Doctor Who returned to television with a special commemorative issue that comes with four different covers, each one featuring one of the twenty-first century Doctors - Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi!
Inside the issue, DWM looks back on the show’s success, with contributions from writers Steven Moffat, Mark Gatiss, Robert Shearman, Paul Cornell, Toby Whithouse, Gareth Roberts, Chris Chibnall, Peter Harness and Jamie Mathieson, as well as from BBC head of Drama Commissioning Ben Stephenson, who gives his view on the future of Doctor Who…
- Russell T Davies, the writer of the landmark first episode, Rose, and many other episodes since, looks back on his first Doctor Who script, and shares brand new information about bringing the Doctor back to our screens.
- DWM tracks down a guest star from each and every one of the ten Ninth Doctor adventures, including Camille Coduri (Jackie Tyler), Yasmin Bannerman (Jabe the Tree), Alan David (Gabriel Sneed), Alan Ruscoe (the Slitheen and other creatures), Barnaby Edwards (the Dalek), Bruno Langley (Adam Mitchell), Shaun Dingwall (Pete Tyler), Florence Hoath (Nancy), Annette Badland (Blon Fel-Fotch Passameer Day Slitheen) and Jo Joyner (Lynda ‘with a Y’ Moss).
- Doctor Who's first director of the modern era, Keith Boak, is interviewed, looking back on the making of Rose, Aliens of London and World War Three.
- Doctor Who's first ever director, Waris Hussein, concludes his look back over the epic lost adventure from 1964, Marco Polo.
- DWM pays tribute to 1980s director Fiona Cumming, who passed away earlier in the year.
- The Doctor and Clara visit Antarctica in part one of Blood and Ice, a brand-new comic strip written by Jacqueline Rayner and illustrated by Martin Geraghty.
- Steven Moffat answer readers’ questions - and speculates about Osgood’s family connections!
- Jacqueline Rayner reflects on what life would have been like if Doctor Who had never returned in Relative Dimensions.
- The DWM Review assesses the very latest Doctor Who audio and book releases.
- The Watcher reveals the connection between Doctor Who and Dr Carl Sagan, in the latest Wotcha!
- The DWM Crossword, prize-winning competitions, official news and much more!
Issue 485 of Doctor Who magazine is on sale from 2nd April at all good newsagents until 29th April priced £4.99 per copy.