Showrunner and head writer Steven Moffat gives Doctor Who magazine readers an exclusive guide to the new series of Doctor Who in the latest edition: "Oh, it's a proper blockbuster this episode, so many explosions that Peter Capaldi came in on his day off to watch the Daleks blowing up! I like a Doctor who revels in the destruction of evil in his downtime..."
Also in this issue:
- Doctor Who's production designer Michael Pickwoad on how to create entire worlds.
- Former script editor Andrew Cartmel talks to the writers he employed on what could have been Doctor Who's very last season: Ben Aaronovitch, Ian Briggs, Marc Platt and Rona Munro.
- Terrance Dicks - script editor, writer and novelist supreme - talks about his work on Target's Doctor Who books.
- DWM pays tribute to the life and times of director Derek Martinus, the man who introduced the Cybermen, Ice Warriors and Autons to Doctor Who.
- The Fact of Fiction takes a detailed look at the 1982 Fifth Doctor adventure, Kinda.
- The Crystal Throne - the brand new comic strip adventure starring Vastra, Jenny and Strax continues.
- The Time Team watch the Doctor meet River Song for the first time in Silence in the Library / Forest of the Dead.
- Jacqueline Rayner and her family get World Cup fever as they wait for the start of the new series in Relative Dimensions.
- The Watcher poses more questions and reveals dubious secrets from the archives in Wotcha!
- Reviews and previews of the latest CDs and books.
- Official news, the DWM crossword, prize-winning competitions and much more!
Issue 476 of Doctor Who magazine is on sale from today at all good newsagents until 20th August priced £4.99 per copy.