Demo Site

Monday 16 June 2014

Julie Gardner & John Barrowman Awarded MBEs

Former excutieve producer of Doctor Who Julie Gardner and John Barrowman who played Captain Jack Harkness have both been awarded MBEs by Her Majesty the Queen, read on for further details:

As we reported over the weekend, one of Doctor Who’s former executive producers, Julie Gardner and John Barrowman (Captain Jack in Doctor Who and Torchwood) have both been awarded MBEs in the 2014 Queen’s Birthday Honours List.

Julie said she was honoured by the award and commented, "I have filmed all over the world. But the talent, stamina and sheer fun of the writers, cast and crews I’ve worked with in Wales is beyond compare. I am lucky; I get to keep this award. But I am accepting it for all those brilliant people who have made my job such an absolute joy, and for my dad who will be the talk of Glynneath. My proudest achievement has been to successfully bring Doctor Who to Wales. From there, through Torchwood, Casualty and Da Vinci's Demons, Wales' position in the global television industry goes from strength to strength. I am hugely proud to have been a part of that journey and will work hard so that this is just the beginning."

John said, "I can’t tell you how honoured I am to get this MBE, to be recognised by Her Majesty and also by the United Kingdom because that’s where I can consider my home." He added, "I am chuffed… thank you very much, everybody! And to the fans: this is also for you guys. It’s amazing! Thank you!"

The awards were handed out during the Queen's Birthday Honours last week.

0 comments: