The Monsters are Coming!
Developed in association with Doctor Who’s Executive Producer and show runner, Steven Moffat, Doctor Who Live promises the same excitement, adventure and suspense that viewers have come to expect from the TV programme and will feature specially filmed new video scenes.
Opening in wartime London and concluding in an epic onstage battle, audiences should expect the unexpected as the the Doctor’s arch-enemies the Daleks are joined by some of the best-loved and most terrifying monsters from the TV series including the Cybermen, Weeping Angels, Judoon and Oods to name but a few.
With an out-of-this-world set, Doctor Who Live will feature special FX, optical illusions and spectacular pyrotechnics building to an epic finale. Specially edited video clips, drawn from the TV programme will be shown on a massive screen and accompanied by the music of longtime Doctor Who composer Murray Gold. These iconic scores will be brought to life by a 16 piece orchestra live on stage.
- London Wembly Arena - 8th-10th October
- Sheffield Arena - 12th-13th October
- Glasgow Secc - 14th-17th October
- Birmingham Nia - 18th-20th October
- Manchester Evening News Arena - 22nd-24th October
- Nottingham Trent FM Arena - 25th-26th October
- Cardiff International Arena - 28th-31st October
- Liverpool Echo Arena - 2nd-3rd November
- Belfast Odyssey Arena - 6th-7th November
For more details and how to purchase tickets, click here. Be sure to check out this exciting event! In other news: the official BARB ratings for Doctor Who: The Vampires of Venice, have been announced. The episode was watch by 7.7 million viewers in total. (7.3 million watched on BBC One while a further 0.3 million watched the episode on BBC HD.
UPDATE: Click here to see more amazing promo images to help advertise the upcoming event (thanks to Doctor Who Online!)