Demo Site

Friday 26 December 2014

Series 9 - Jenna Colemen Confirmed

Steven Moffat has confirmed that Jenna Coleman will continue her role as Clara Oswald for the whole of series nine of Doctor Who, Moffat, Coleman and Peter Capaldi had the following to say:

Steven Moffat confirmed that "Jenna is in all of the next series. There was a certain amount of to-ing and fro-ing. I always think I’m quite good at winding up people on this but Jenna completely outplayed me when she said in an interview ‘I’m not telling you if I’m staying or going because it’s just more exciting’. And it occurred to us all that we don’t start shooting until January so we could actually keep it a secret."

Jenna Coleman said: "It’s wonderful - a whole other series of stories with the Doctor. I couldn’t walk away with the story being unresolved, there’s so much more to do and I think Clara and the Doctor have finally just reached a point where they really understand each other."

Capaldi said: "I think Jenna’s been just fantastic and it’s been such a pleasure to work with her - and especially for me as the new person onto the show, she’s just been fantastic - and so I was so excited and delighted when she finally [agreed to stay]."

Filming for the new series will begin in January and will broadcast in late 2015 on BBC One and BBC One HD.

0 comments: