Demo Site

Thursday 7 May 2009

Torchwood: Eve Myles Expecting a Baby!

Torchwood's Eve Myles, who plays Gwen Cooper in the Doctor Who spin-off, has announced that she's pregnant. Read on for her interview with What's On TV:

"I've wanted to do this for such a long time, but I kept getting job after job after job," said Eve, who plays former police officer Gwen Cooper in the cult series.

"I thought, if I put this off any more I'm going to be 65. My partner and I decided this year was going to be the year, and we were blessed that it happened so quickly.

"It's the best thing that ever happened to me – we're over the moon."

Eve, who is three and a half months' pregnant, joked about the fact that her character Gwen gave birth in series two - to an alien.

"We went for a scan and my mum was there," she recalled. "And my mum went: 'No, it's not a Nostrovite! It's a real Welsh human!' But of course it crosses my mind – I hope it's not an alien!"

Eve added that motherhood will not make her quit her role in Torchwood.

"I hope we get a new series," she said. "I'd really like to play Gwen as a mother. It's not like I have to really save the world - I just have to sit in make-up!"

Eve's baby is expected to be born this Autumn, she will return as Gwen Cooper in Torchwood: Children of Earth this Summer on BBC One and BBC HD. In other news: John Barrowman stars in the 100th episode of the BBC One sit-com, My Family, tonight at 8:00pm.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, she's now had her baby- and it's a girl which she's named Matilda :P Just found out from John Barrowman's manager Gavin :)

Jess x